We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
That of trekking shoes it's the only choice you'll have to make with your feet! If you are looking for a new pair of trekking shoes or just today you are approaching mountain hiking, shoes are an important choice: they must support you, avoid falls and slips, they must be comfortable and ensure maximum comfort at every step.
First of all, you must understand what type of activity you are going to do, where you want to do it and at what time of year; it will surprise you to know which shoes best suited to go trekking during the day they are not the same as those recommended for trekking at night! In short, the market proposals are many and embrace the most disparate needs.
Trekking shoes and boots they are in effect a tool and you must choose them with the same care dedicated to choosing a knife or a backpack.
Shoes, boots or boots?
A tall and stiff boot will be more suitable for go trekking long and at high altitudes. The boots are suitable for trails with snowy sections where stiffness is essential to be able to wear crampons. On the contrary, the shoes are suitable for long summer hikes and for walks of a couple of hours.
You will also need to be careful in choosing the right size. When you see a hiking shoe ask yourself this question "how much will my foot have to adapt to get in? ". Generally, we can say that the more ergonomic a shoe is, the more comfortable it will be ... unfortunately, however, the manufacturers respect international standards to please everyone but to which everyone will have to adapt, here's how:
- If you have a wide plant, wear thin hiking socks.
- If you have thin feet, wear thicker hiking socks.
- If you always have hot feet that tend to sweat, wear socks that can better manage moisture and sweat, choose synthetic socks, such as Coolmax tactical fabric.
- If your feet are always cold, wear socks that can insulate the foot, choose wool or wool blend socks.
- On long journeys, take a spare pair of socks with you - friction and sweat cause blisters and changing them midway could save your feet!
- For long hikes or if you carry a heavy load, avoid boots, shoes that cover the entire ankle and boots.
- If the size is right but the shoe fits poorly, consider an extra sole.
At the time of choose hiking shoes more suitable, do not be afraid to measure them and walk a bit on them, even if you buy them online, most web portals accept returns with a refund or exchange of the goods, so do not be discouraged: if the goods do not satisfy your feet you can always change it!
The trekking shoes should not bend at the tip, they should maintain a certain rigidity especially if intended for mountain trekking. Similarly, the shoe should be able to hold the heel in place to stabilize each step.
Some examples of excellent trekking shoes with a base capable of amortizing every step are these:
- Mountain trekking shoe
- Versatile trekking shoes